KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Loaded hard drives Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

wordpress-hosting

Offsite Links

It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:03 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 185 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Loaded hard drives
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 11:57 pm 
Well it seems there are a few people around the area selling loaded hard drives.   I have heard $900 - $1200.    40,000 songs.    20,000 are dupes.    I have seen the new karaoke business cards, they are advertising the 40,000 songs.    Many new faces getting into the karaoke because of that.   Competetion is heating up.    2 new ones in the last 4 months, direct competition.

Who should I call?   The FBI, CIA, ASCAP, BMI, GHOST BUSTERS?

Can it be a nameless call?

Post subject: Re: Loaded hard drives
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 5:34 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 0 time
What's your worry ?  Is the BIGDOG worried about competition?
Whether someone has 40,000 legal songs or 40,000 ILLEGAL songs it doesn't change the FACE and challenges of the competetion.  Bigdog you seem to run a well oiled show , so don't fret anyone with a large library...Thats all it is !!!

You can definately call one of those organizations.  These HARDRIVES use to be ALL OVER Ebay - until they were reported now I see them POP up from time to time.
If they are soliciting you gigs just mention to the owners they are ILLEGAL and that the owner could be responsible if he hores them !!

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 5:44 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Come on Bigdog, fess up, how many did you really buy? ;)

Being critical of a person's success in any respect speaks volumes about the lack of your own.

Love as though you've never been hurt, Dance as though no one's watching, Sing as though God Himself were listening.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 7:25 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Dog, can you get one for me; I will pay you good cash for it. :yes:  LMAO

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 7:27 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1 time
sad truth is BD, you can't turn them into nobody, due to the crazy logistics behind it all. The karaoke manus have to hook up with the original songwriters and sue together!

what's worse is these scum that are doing this KNOW that for right now, this is a loophole, and they're taking advantage of it.

Wht you MIGHT be able to do is go to the county court and protest illegal business practices, and show them how much YOU paid for your stuff by being legal, and what these fools are doing by being illegal!

don't know if it'll get you going anywhere, but best of luck...

when I've confronted business owners about those kinds of people, they laugh at my 16,000 tracks, and say they'll go with the 40K ones cause they're cheaper. I wish them well in their trip to the joint, as they're knowingly working with stolen software and music, and eventually the law WILL catch up to them... I wish them well on hopefully dodging the bullet.

You should SEE some of the faces when I say that... like I walked on their grave in the future!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 8:07 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 5 times
From the experience of a local KJ let me give you the scoop on preloaded hard drives. It takes years to prune the dups. You have to play each one individually to see if its soundchoice or what.. You never do cull out the ones with bad graphics that were burned from bad cd's. If you make a data base from the actual files to print books it takes years to eliminate all the typos....

It has taken me years to cull out certain songs that will never be used (I still resent the fact that I have invested thousands in cd's with 10 or so songs on it I had to buy to get the few I wanted).. I have replaced some of the popular ones with soundchoice or THM.. I run about 13k in karaoke library and if I had the software to track what songs I have used in the last few years it would be alot less than that.. I no longer buy so many cd's per month to keep up I watch the top 20 on bulletin board and just try to get what people are singing..

Hard drive 40k songs  Few hundred dollars

My hard drive .... PRICELESS

Another observation from experience It wasnt the above discussed subject that killed karaoke in this area It was Kj's that never added to their library and the same old singers singing the same 3 songs for years.. People started staying at home and building their own systems..True we had long runs and provided the best karaoke in town but due to other factors even we couldnt adapt or could see what changes were needed. I am currently trying to get back in the business and let me tell you it is hard going..

Again.... No guesses or theories .... Hard FACTS.......

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 8:14 am 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

karyoker @ Mon Oct 30, 2006 10:07 am wrote:
I watch the top 20 on bulletin board and just try to get what people are singing..

Where do you get your Top 20 from?

--Tad

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 9:07 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 5 times
Quote:
karyoker @ Mon Oct 30, 2006 10:07 am wrote:
I watch the top 20 on bulletin board and just try to get what people are singing..

Where do you get your Top 20 from?

Bulletin Board
Another good way Tad is talk to your local DJ's See what it hot with them.  I dont have the links handy but there are DJ sites that can give you the top 150 requested last year and the latest hot ones..

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 9:38 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I know I don't go into a show because of their selection, the ones i've seen with the huge number claims are usually crappy versions or duplicated 10 times per song.  For me sound quality is number 1, then hosting/fair rotation and such.  I bring my own discs with me, if you have the same versions, i'll sing off of your selection, if you don't have the same version or even the song & you don't play mine, then I will find another show.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 3:35 pm 
I'm not real worried.   Because they all seem to think that 2 speakers as big as shoe boxes, a mini mixer and a laptop does the trick.   Had one of these guys in last night.   Loved how my system sounded, told me many times during the night.    Here is the point I was tring to make in other posts.    He knows what sounds good.   He knows my system puts his to shame.   But he wouldn't ever think to upgrade to something similar to what I have.   WHY?    Because he already thinks he's a success with the crap he has.     I know he has to hear a difference.   He's not deaf or brain dead.     So you tell me why he will never change anything he has. The two people he had with him were excellent singers.  They had to hear a difference.    One guy won a karaoke contest we held years ago.

He can't be getting the same money.

I had some people tell me how crappy his stuff is.  They won't go back to him because of that.     He will turn into a bigger undercutter whenever he can't get steady work.

For now the local hacks play the dive bars I wouldn't think about setting up in.   So that leaves the good places open for me.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 5:00 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 309 times
Bars don't really care.  A lot of singers either don't notice or care about the sound.  And why are you so worried if all they do is play at places you wouldn't?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 5:22 pm 
Most of the drives I've seen with an advertised pre-load of 40k songs are all in MIDI format.  NOT what I consider a quality sound! :order:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 6:10 pm 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Quote:
Loved how my system sounded, told me many times during the night.    Here is the point I was tring to make in other posts.    He knows what sounds good.   He knows my system puts his to shame.   But he wouldn't ever think to upgrade to something similar to what I have.   WHY?  

WOOF! WOOF!  Now, I am curious about your system.  Would you care to list the components of your system here?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 6:47 pm 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

Karaoke:

That was a GREAT post.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 12:53 am 
They are all coming to my gigs to tell everyone to come to theirs.    Where would you go to get the best singers?    

The best KJ in town. LMAO  :whistle:  :yes:  :worship:  :O

They all know who they have as the hottest competition.   That would be me. :yes:

Remember, I'm number one.     They all know it.   :yes:  :worship:  

They are all number two, after me, in their eyes.   :shock:  :O  LMAO

A very low, undercutting, crappy sounding, illegal number two. :yes:

I have listed my components many times.

These are not midi hard drives.    Top name brand disc companies.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 9:30 am 
Super Extreme
Super Extreme

Songs: 1
Been Liked: 1080 times
I've seen those "Loaded" hard drives..

I was not impressed..

Yes, many dupes.. But in fairness, most songs have many publishers..

Yes, there is a "Hodge Podge" of miss-named songs.. and yes, that would take years to correct..

I'm still  not impressed.. :wave:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 12:10 pm 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Quote:
The best KJ in town.          

They all know who they have as the hottest competition.   That would be me.  

Remember, I'm number one.     They all know it.        

They are all number two, after me, in their eyes.      

Really?  Wow!  I am really impressed!  Can you teach me so that I can ultimately become a great KJ like you?

Quote:
I have listed my components many times.

Oh Great Number One KJ, could you grace us with your kindness and post your components again for us to admire one more time?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 12:43 pm 
3 different illegal hard drive KJs at my show in 2 weeks.   Looking for my secrets.    Trying to duplicate the master.     And steal my crowd.     It won't happen because my singers have already heard their crappy systems and they don't like how they sound on them. :no:

They know who has the quality,  :worship:   they just don't want to spend to get it and if they did have it, they wouldn't know what to do with it or how to do it.  :yes:

The only way they can compete is to play for a lot less money. LMAO

A hacks dream.   :asleep:   I suck, therefore I Play for less money. :yes:  :O

Sleep nice, my little hacks.     Bigdog will prevail. :yes:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 5:28 pm 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Okay, lil doggie, I know that you're the greatest.  Now, we gotta prove to the non-believers that you are the best and the best way to do that is to  show those doubters that you have a great system.  Before I and all the thousands of loyal followers of yours on this board start to question your greatness, you gotta post your gear here along with really nice pictures.  If you have your list of tens of thousands of laser disc quality songs handy, you may want to show it too.  Now, that will definitely prove everyone that you're The Greatest KJ of All Time!

Your Loyal Apprentice,

JD

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 5:43 pm 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Been Liked: 59 times
Actually the so-called "60000" song assortment is a lot of HORSESHT. Its actually about 60000 DIVIDED by 8 versions of the same song. So in reality their assortment is MAYBE ACTUALLY 7k TITLES. NO ONE needs 9 versions of "MY WAY"he REALITY is that MATT's assortment is FAR MORE EXTENSIVE that the 60K guys. Lonnie has a phenomenal assortment at 9K---its just BRUTAL!!! :) Mine is up to about 6k and Ill gladly go head to head with any of the 60000 knuckleheads.

And when it comes right down to it---its SHOW QUALITY vs BOOK QUANTITY that matters and will keep the crowds. Thats what sets you apart.

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 185 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next