KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - I blew my soundcard on my laptop trying to record a song!!!! Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 5:13 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 8:37 pm 
I am new to all of this recording stuff and I did something very very stupid and costly!!! I came out of the Audio output on the back of my Rsq triple tray karaoke player into my mic input on my laptop and it ruined it. :cry:
I was wondering if someone could recommend a way for me to record that is fairly reasonable and something I could get a good clean professional sound with. I have heard that Roland makes a good digital studio. Any help would be appreciated.. I know there's quite a few recording experts that read these message boards.. Please help!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 7:18 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1 time
one thing you should look for is a type of USB connection... I have a soundblaster MP3 device that accepts RCA connections (red, white), and then converts that to a USB signal. The software is interpreted on the PC, and you can record it that way. You can ALSO use it the other way around and export audio files over the device...

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 11:30 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 0 time
If you still want to record on the laptop try the soundblaster audigy. Runs about $150 (last time I checked) and plugs into the USB port. Has gotten rave reviews in the PC community.

If you're just interested in recording the sessions I'd consider using minidisc. The new HI-MD format will allow dumping back to the pc if you like. It's a small compact format that works well for recording and you can mark tracks on the fly. The older players are getting pretty inexpensive now and even though they don't have a way to dump back to the pc you can play it and record to tape/computer/etc out of the device - including some of them that offer an optical digital out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 10:10 pm 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

I've been using a USB Soundblaster Audigy 2 NX. I bought it a couple of months ago and it works great. I'm still on a learning curve with it but it's probably the best all around sound card I've ever had.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 10:33 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

i love the extigy but thats just me....its external and easy to get to

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 4:51 pm 
:o Thank you all for replying... Each and everyone of you have been most helpful. As soon as I get the chance I am going to run to my nearest electronics store and try to locate one...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 8:15 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 47 times
Sorry, but I had to comment here.

When I saw the subject line of your post "I blew my soundcard trying to record a song...." I thought you meant by singing loudly or something.

:oops: *~*~*LOLLLLLLL*~*~* :roll:

So I was thinkin' "Dang girl....."

Got it figured out now though, (silly, silly me) so since I am of absolutely NO help in this thread, I'll sneak on outta here. :wink:

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 10:29 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

lollllllll@ blue