KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - My Conclusion As To Karaoke Downloads Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Legalities & Piracy, etc... Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 7:52 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:02 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 59 times
I see many of you going back and forth about karaoke downloads. I think what I have learned is this:

There are two companies that offer downloads that have expressly denied permission to use them for commercial purposes. Of course, that is Sound Choice and Chartbuster. They have been suing people left and right for trademark infringement, so displaying their logo without proper licenses is crazy. Never will I use either of these products as downloads for my shows.

The other sites, primarily Tricerasoft & BuyKaraokeDownloads.com do not offer either of these manufacturers' products. Tricerasoft generally sells SBI, Sunfly & Zoom (I think) while BuyKaraokeDownloads sells Cavs & no name brand stuff (mostly junk if you ask me). Since none of the manufacturers that these two sites sell is out there suing people, I would say that it is safe to use their products at my show. It is my opinion that the music is covered under the ASCAP/BMI license that the bar pays - and since those companies, as mentioned, aren't out there filing lawsuits for their copyright infringment (displaying their logo) - I will continue to use these sites in a pinch.

That's my take on the whole "To download or not to download" question.

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:59 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 610 times
TroyVnd27 wrote:
Tricerasoft generally sells SBI, Sunfly & Zoom (I think) while BuyKaraokeDownloads sells Cavs & no name brand stuff (mostly junk if you ask me). Since none of the manufacturers that these two sites sell is out there suing people, I would say that it is safe to use their products at my show. It is my opinion that the music is covered under the ASCAP/BMI license that the bar pays - and since those companies, as mentioned, aren't out there filing lawsuits for their copyright infringment (displaying their logo) - I will continue to use these sites in a pinch.

With regard to Tricerasoft, no need to guess. The owner of that site has been on this forum time and again saying its not a problem, rights are paid and you are "good to go".

Still, some choose not to believe it, even though it comes "straight from the horse's mouth".

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:15 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 224 times
I agree 100%!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:20 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 334 times
Bazza wrote:
TroyVnd27 wrote:
Tricerasoft generally sells SBI, Sunfly & Zoom (I think) while BuyKaraokeDownloads sells Cavs & no name brand stuff (mostly junk if you ask me). Since none of the manufacturers that these two sites sell is out there suing people, I would say that it is safe to use their products at my show. It is my opinion that the music is covered under the ASCAP/BMI license that the bar pays - and since those companies, as mentioned, aren't out there filing lawsuits for their copyright infringment (displaying their logo) - I will continue to use these sites in a pinch.

With regard to Tricerasoft, no need to guess. The owner of that site has been on this forum time and again saying its not a problem, rights are paid and you are "good to go".

Still, some choose not to believe it, even though it comes "straight from the horse's mouth".

Please show a link to the specific licensing or documented statement that these downloads- which ARE licensed for show use IN THE U.K., are licensed for the same in the U.S.

Good luck with that.....

" Disc based and loving it..."