KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - New cordless mic phenomena! Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Sun May 19, 2024 2:33 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 1:57 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 8 times
if its a popping due to explosive p's and b's then stick a mic sock on and it will help
fyi I went and bought a sennheiser freeport wireless yesterday. I also bought a sennheiser evolution 840 which is a corded mic supposedly a better mic than the shure sm58. I have been tinkering with the 840 tonite...whether its any better is debatable. I do know it picks up the bass in my voice...not a good thing in my case

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 7:56 am 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Been Liked: 0 time
I think I know what your problem is with the funny noises from the mics.  This is a new problem with the less expensive wireless mics.  It's cell phone interference.  The inexpensive mics don't have the proper filtering to fight the interference from cell phones.  Take a cell phone and hold it next to a boom box while you are actively on the phone if that is a similar noise to what you heard from you mics, send them back because you'll never get rid of the interference.  I had the same problem with some inexpensive wireless systems I bought about a year back.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 2:01 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

well although the freeport isnt the most expensive mic on the planet I wouldnt call it inexpensive...but cellphone interferance may well be a cause

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 6:16 pm 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

pkircher @ Thu Apr 26, 2007 wrote:
I think I know what your problem is with the funny noises from the mics.  This is a new problem with the less expensive wireless mics.  It's cell phone interference.  The inexpensive mics don't have the proper filtering to fight the interference from cell phones.  Take a cell phone and hold it next to a boom box while you are actively on the phone if that is a similar noise to what you heard from you mics, send them back because you'll never get rid of the interference.  I had the same problem with some inexpensive wireless systems I bought about a year back.

This was not cell phone interference...I have experienced that before and with the VHF mics.  The one I purchased was UHF...still...it wasn't the cell phone problem.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 11:04 pm 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

I wasn't insulting the microphone at all.  I think that the senheisers (sp?) sound great.  But I have had this problem with other microphones, UHF included.  I was just trying to help out.  Sorry if I offended.  Also I recommend the new AKG wireless mics.  They have a half rack UHF dual microphone unit that gets 30hours of time off of one AA battery, no interference, for $350.  I've been using them for over a month now 6 nights a week and have only changed 2 AA batteries.  I'm gonna save a fortune in batteries alone.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 4:43 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

well I learned something tonite...Never wear a bracelet when using a sennheiser cordless what a bruddy racket

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:37 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 1 time
Save the bracelet till Xmas Vicki, when you can sing "Jingle Bells"!   LOL

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:15 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

its the one big disadvantage of the mic Murray the plastic housing is crappy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 10:53 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 334 times
Just afunny for the thread.  A friend of mine had an equipment biz that he closed. He gave me, free of charge, 15 Gemini dual VHS mic sets (VM-101?).  I tried one last night. Even free of charge, I think I got screwed.... LOL

" Disc based and loving it..."

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 4:13 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

LMAO  :need hug:  :hug: Joe