KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Should a KJ Play My Copy of a cdg that I Own? Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

wordpress-hosting

Offsite Links

It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 3:00 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 3:19 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 8 times
Billy D @ Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:43 am wrote:
MorganLeFey @ Sun Feb 25, 2007 4:22 pm wrote:
Billy D @ Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:52 am wrote:
Have songs, will travel.......fee....$0.00....free delivery........this is a special, only for you, Morgan.......be warned though.....if the anal connection is not completely tightened, it can result in a rather unpleasant fragrance, and the wattage will be reduced proportionately........let me see what dates I have open..... :)

I am sure I am capable of the correct tweaking  LMAO

LMAO (singing) I wanna be tweaked by you, by you, and nobody else but you....I wanna be tweaked by you....a lo oh oh own.....poo, poop-ti-do... LMAO

hmmmm I have that particular song somewhere

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 3:54 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

then of course there is the ever popular "tweak me honey honey tweak me"  LMAO
or Baby can I tweak you tonite, Cant help tweakin that man of mine, everybody loves a tweaker, I know how to tweak it, if tweaking you is wrong I dont wanna be right, still tweaking after all these years, is you is or is you aint my tweaker...etc

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 3:55 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

oops sorry I shall get back on topic and assume the position

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:24 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Billy D I couldnt resist recording a tweaking song :) tis on SS dedicated to you

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 7:28 pm 
Major Poster
Major Poster

Been Liked: 0 time
Thank you so much, you have a wonderful voice......listening made my knees tweak.......... :D

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 7:36 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

LMAO  :worship: I wasnt exactly at the tweak of my creativity but it was a quickie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 8:10 pm 
Major Poster
Major Poster

MorganLeFey @ Sun Feb 25, 2007 10:36 pm wrote:
LMAO  :worship: I wasnt exactly at the tweak of my creativity but it was a quickie

A Quickie!!!!!!....so nice of you to mention my love making style.... LMAO .....word sure gets around fast......

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 8:41 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

hey dude dont tweak out on me ;-)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:40 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Billy D @ Wed Feb 21, 2007 6:23 am wrote:
In a time when Kjs have their entire collection on hard drives, or simply use copies to preserve the originals, should they refuse to play your copy of a cdg that you own? In reality, is there a legal entity that is actually going to come to their show, and bust them for playing someone's copy of a cdg.........let's keep it real here.....and who are they, not to believe your word, that you own the original?.....the whole idea reeks of hypocrisy.......thank you for your opinions.. :)

I've been to places that have played my burns & to places that haven't, I sang out of their books, if they had something I wanted to sing, i'd return, if not I wouldn't.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:38 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 334 times
Billy D @ Sun Feb 25, 2007 2:30 pm wrote:
I think I may have beaten the system. I've stored 100, 000 songs as bin files in my brain. I have installed a speakon connection in my rectum, and can generate up to 1000 watts(mono), depending on what I have eaten. I have two balanced mic inputs comming out my ears, and two more trs mic inputs, one in each nosrtil, and they all have phathom. I only have one slider though, and I can't tell you where that's located, but the key changer hangs directly below it. Unfortunately, I only have a two band equalizer, and they are twisters. I have also installed two S-video outputs, connecting them directly on both optic nerves. Is this a legal hookup?
Also, I no longer remember my name, but I find that trivial..... :) ......I love when I'm asked to crank it up..... LOL

Bet you're hell on mic wind shields...........

" Disc based and loving it..."

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 3:50 pm 
Major Poster
Major Poster

LMAO  LMAO  LMAO  :hi5:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:19 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1 time
edited...

nevermind!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:21 am 
Major Poster
Major Poster

twansenne @ Sun Feb 25, 2007 3:03 pm wrote:
Oh yeah, another reason I don't like playing customers CDs....Had one guy  up and down that I scratched his disc when it skipped when it was playing.  It went from his hand to mine and directly to my CDG players tray.  He whined and complained, and just to shut him up I bought him a new one.

That's a bummer.  It's too bad you couldn't have said something to the effect of "hey your CDG didn't even touch the ground, it went directly into the player.  My player must not like your CDG."  :lol:

But that was cool you bought him a new one anyway.  

I've found if a CDG skips or has other problems, sometimes you can make it work better by washing the bottom of it with water and/or mild soap & water and then drying with soft cloth (t-shirt, etc.) and that has helped a lot of times with the system I've used.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:23 am 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

I find a lot of times the kj's players are dirty. Even their own (presumably original) discs will display graphics with glitches and anomalies.
  It only takes a minute or so to clean each player. Doesn't seem like an unreasonable amount of time to make the lyrics display correctly.
  As far as scratching discs is concerned, I've had some kj's who've handled my discs with kid gloves... 10 nights and not a scratch on 'em. I've had others who scratched them so badly in 1 night they were worthless.
  Just a few observations from the singer's side.