KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - A new look at format shifting, and copyright violations. Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

wordpress-hosting

Offsite Links

It is currently Mon May 06, 2024 8:50 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:48 pm 
We could make every singer bring their own discs... :yes:  :O   Or let the bar owner buy them.   :worship:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 4:14 am 
I never did mention that the "Karaoke Bar" I frequent has ALWAYS BEEN a private club. Every member has an electronic card to gain entry.

But does the fact that music is being offered at a private function, such as a wedding, result in the music being considered for personal, rather than commercial use?  I thought it becomes commercial as soon as somebody (the club, the KJ) makes money off of it?  Isn't that what commercial truly means?

And out of curiousity, what "arm of the law" seizes a karaoke rig, and what is needed by them to prove probable cause  -- not regarding shifting format but rather bootlegging?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 4:58 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 309 times
Commercial means exactly that.  Private clubs are not exempt from the alphabet guys.

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 8:59 am 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 2126 times
dreamer1962 @ Tue Jan 23, 2007 9:38 pm wrote:
I see your point but check this out.  LMAO

http://www.acekaraoke.com/haceks1000.html

Looks like they are trying to put you guys out of business!!  :shock:

If I were you guys I would be mad too!!!  LMAO

Unify KC-1000 Karaoke System / Video on Demand Server (VOD)  is the latest generation and the only computer based karaoke jukebox that can play all of your CD+G, VCD, DVD, MPEG1, MPEG2, MP3, MP3+G, MPEG4, DivX, MIDI, AVI, WMA and WMV stored on your hard drive, on demand by using either keypad or remote controller!!

All you do is press the song number, and the song will play immediately.  No need of a KJ, no more swapping discs, no need for huge library shelf and no more damaged discs.  Loading songs are very simple thanks to its powerful Karaoke Song Manager.  You can load new songs with the built-in DVD-ROM or download through the Ethernet port.  You just need to assign a song number, title and artist to each song, you are done!  You can add more information such as style, category and language to make song search a lot easier.

As a Video on Demand Server, you can playback all of your DVD movies, or MP3 Songs from the KC-1000.  With the Unify Karaoke System, you can store thousands of full-length VCD (mpeg1), DVD (mpeg2), AVI (mpeg4) or WMV (Windows Media Video) movies or video clips on the player.  All video clips can be playback on demand, at anytime. This is a perfect solution for school, government, hotel, or business. You can pre-program for unlimited numbers of video clip or movies.

Applications:

Karaoke Lounge: music video on demand

Club/Restaurant: music on demand

School: Education video and pre-recorded lectures on demand

Hotel: Visitor Information and movies on demand

Business: Product demonstration video on demand

The Unify Karaoke System is available in both Standard or Server edition.

Note: No need of a KJ, no more swapping discs, no need for huge library shelf and no more damaged discs.  

What now Bigdog????  :rotflmao:

Buy your own Bar, then buy this System and you are "Both" Bar owner & KJ!!!

Problem Solved!!!!   LMAO

See AGAIN a supposedly reputable retailer selling a computerized system FOR intended commercial use.  It's understandable to see how people buy systems & pay the money when buying from these dealers claiming that they can.  If I didn't know any better & went into their store looking for a system & they showed me that & told me I could use it in the clubs, yeah I would think it was perfectly legit.

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:08 am 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 2126 times
SwingcatKurt @ Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:40 pm wrote:

WOW!!!  

Could this be the DEATH KNELL????

Looks like they really ARE looking to kill the KJ!

Doubtful!  A computer can't make quick adjustments to vocals, eqs, effects, volume adjustments.  I think a bar owner that bought a $2000 machine (plus when adding songs) to allow his drunk patrons to run it?  Someone would still need to run it I would think?
These systems have been offered before, CAVS used to make one originally, the coin operated karaoke jukebox.  Also most computers & karaoke programs will do the same thing - it's no different.  They are telling people they can store all their music & videos on the computer.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:53 am 
Major Poster
Major Poster

Been Liked: 0 time
Eric,
That arm of the law would be Dept. of Justice. Could be FBI or US MARSHALLS.  Probable cause could be as little as a phone call. Although not likely

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:12 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Kurt have you ever heard U-Best VCD discs?  Most of the songs are passable but are generally poor quality. You can definately tell they are asian made.

Nice hardware though.  :wave:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:19 am 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Been Liked: 59 times
The grand had a couple of UBEST lasers. Havent examined any ubest vcd.s tho. Have seen Nutech VcDs.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 4:06 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1 time
dreamer1962 @ Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:38 pm wrote:
I see your point but check this out.  LMAO

Looks like they are trying to put you guys out of business!!  :shock:

If I were you guys I would be mad too!!!  LMAO

Unify KC-1000 Karaoke System / Video on Demand Server (VOD)  is the latest generation and the only computer based karaoke jukebox that can play all of your CD+G, VCD, DVD, MPEG1, MPEG2, MP3, MP3+G, MPEG4, DivX, MIDI, AVI, WMA and WMV stored on your hard drive, on demand by using either keypad or remote controller!!

((snip))

this all goes back to what Lonnie originally said about the manufacturers of the players saying one thing, and the manus saying another.

And understand that it's ONLY Stellar and SC that are currently taking such an aggressive stance against those commercial guys that convert!

SC has even bluntly stated on their forum that they are concentrating almost completely on the home market, and by my interpretation of what they said, they're ignoring the kj market. Ironic in that without the KJ market originally, they'd have had NO market share. I'm not complaining about that, but it IS ironic.

They've also talked openly about the death of the cdg... they know it's coming.

With the advances in technology, they're trying to see what the next phase will be. They dabbled in dvds, but gave that up pretty quickly!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 3:15 pm 
Does anyone know any circumstances under which the Dept of Justice or the FBI can sieze a piece of commercial property from a commerical establishment without a search warrant?

And isn't probable cause required in order to get such a warrant?

And, what would be considered probable cause assuming it were needed?

I strongly doubt that a phone call to one of those agencies is probable cause.  It may be cause for initiating an investigation.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 5:35 pm 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Been Liked: 52 times
ericlater @ Fri Jan 26, 2007 5:15 pm wrote:
Does anyone know any circumstances under which the Dept of Justice or the FBI can sieze a piece of commercial property from a commerical establishment without a search warrant?

And isn't probable cause required in order to get such a warrant?

And, what would be considered probable cause assuming it were needed?

I strongly doubt that a phone call to one of those agencies is probable cause.  It may be cause for initiating an investigation.

Call a lawyer.  Asking us is nutz....LOL

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 6:16 pm 
Shouldn't we have a dues paying association that handles such questions?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 6:19 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 1 time
I have often wondered about some of the karaoke tracks that get played where the displayed lyrics are totally incorrect.  My thoughts were that if the CDG manufacturers were licenced to produce these tracks for karaoke, then they would also be licenced to display the lyrics.  Otherwise the tracks would not be legal.  So, if they had licenced the tracks properly, why is it that they don't have the correct lyrics?   Some of the discussion re manufacturers being sued brings some sense to this now!

Did you know that to change the lyrics of a song, you must have permission to do so from the copyright holder?

As a matter of interest, has anyone asked permission from SC to do a 1:1 copy from CDG to HDD strictly for backup purposes, and what fees they would want to allow this?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 6:38 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 5 times
In this fantasy thread even tv shows belay the diffrence  between feds and local cops getting invoved in fed laws...
We are currently at war with various bastards that want to kill your children .. Now do you think they should be worried about jim with a few illegall songs in heartbreak usa\??

What do you want?  

I am so tired of this BS When the people on this forum decide to tell the nanus we will decide what medium to use then,,,,

Until then f** you...
We are buying the cds lets tell them wat we want Dont just sit there and bow down to their laws Do you have any balls?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 6:41 pm 
Major Poster
Major Poster

No legal karaoke manufacturer can give permission to make a copy of anything, without the written permision of the original copyright holder or their agent,
which is usually a publishing Co. SC is the first to admit that they are trying to make their own HD machine. and have been working on it for at least a year. But haven't been able to get the publishers to agree to let them have permission to do so. Wouldn't it make sense that if SC can't get permission to legally do a HD machine that probably it's not legal. By the way eric neither the Dept. of Justice or the FBI need a warrant to sieze anything when it's used in the commision of a felony. Which COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT is and if your in a bar/rest. working and they believe the owner of the bar is aware they can shut it down too.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 1:31 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

I guess I'm gonna have to use all the sound choice music and put sweet gorgia brown graphics on them that way no one will ever know. LOL j/k . Probably boost SGB sales too.  LMAO