KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Slow Singers - What to do? Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Thu May 16, 2024 10:51 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 4:44 pm 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Been Liked: 0 time
Guess I misunderstod.  Can I try the blonde "Dah" again.
Anyway, most bars have some nice ambience lighting.  And you can read the books.  Maybe they would even, and I know some of my bars do, have some table candles.  You know the ones that burn little oil cans.  Oldies are FABULOUS, but not all younger crowds know the oldies.  Think you might have to have a little of both in them.  
I think 8-12 would be great unless your mid summer like now.  That would be the only problem, especially if they have a lot of windows in the lounge.  The lighting would be herendous.  East coast doesn't get dark until 8:30 or 9:00PM.  Fall wouldn't be bad.  Then on the west coast, it stays lighter longer too.  That might be your only drawback.  If the bar is dark, with only a few windows and blinds it could be alright.  Or maybe just do a three hour job.  Most of the people coming out, would probably be sensible couples who have to work Tuesday morning.  You'll have to let us know how all this goes.  But it sounds great to me.

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 7:18 pm 
I'll have to write another specialty song book.   Don't forget the slow dancing and serenades.    I can think of a few nicer places to do something like this.     Monday is normally very slow for most places, so seems like the most logical day.    Most bars don't have too many windows.    I think it's very workable, I just don't know if we could get enough to do it regularly enough, to be worth it.

Didn't you ever see the commercial for the Owl light.   People sitting in a dark restaurant trying to read the menu and the waiter is standing there holding a big flashlight over the guys shoulder?    LOL   Everybody is looking at him.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 7:20 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 3 times
We have to use our cell phones to light up the songbook at one of our clubs.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 8:07 pm 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

Been Liked: 0 time
You know, I am one of the people that go to the karaoke bars, because i love to sing, I sing a mixture of songs, but it is mainly country, I will do some older rock, but what really makes me mad, is when you have a long list of singers waiting to sing, and the kj sings just as much if not more then the customers, and he really isnt that good........ I hate to say that about someone, but what would be the reasoning for that? I dont know because I havent ever worked the karaoke, i just sing, so i dont know why he does it?  There are other bars that I go in, and as others have said, about the rotation, if I feel that i have gotten skipped I am one of those people that tend to get a little upset, sry kj's, and I really hate it when I go to a bar that I dont go to ALL the time,and get skipped because im not a "regular" thats probably the reason I dont go there alot.. LOL   WOW guess I just needed to vent huh? LOL   I dont envy you kj's at all it has to be a tough job? trying to please everyone, not everyone can be pleased i guess.....