KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Slow Singers - What to do? Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 10:42 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 5:06 am 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 11 times
LMAO

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 12:28 am 
Maybe we could get gigs on Mondays by having an all slow song night?   It would probably be boringly packed.

Call it   "MUSIC FOR LOVERS NIGHT"    Have the lights turned down real low.  Candles and flowers on the tables.    Dinner for two, specials.    Chocolate candy on the menu.    Slow dancing with a spinning mirror ball.   Singing to your sweetheart.     How romantic.     :yes:    OOOHHHH ... I'm getting all squishy.    :drool:  :hug:  LMAO

The regular drunken butt*oles wouldn't be around.     Keep the donations coming.    :whistle: :wave:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 2:34 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 0 time
Bigdog @ 14th July 2006, 4:28 pm wrote:
Maybe we could get gigs on Mondays by having an all slow song night?   It would probably be boringly packed.

Call it   "MUSIC FOR LOVERS NIGHT"    Have the lights turned down real low.  Candles and flowers on the tables.    Dinner for two, specials.    Chocolate candy on the menu.    Slow dancing with a spinning mirror ball.   Singing to your sweetheart.     How romantic.     :yes:    OOOHHHH ... I'm getting all squishy.    :drool:  :hug:  LMAO

The regular drunken butt*oles wouldn't be around.     Keep the donations coming.    :whistle: :wave:

Hey Dog,

it can ACTUALY work. I know a full time karaoke bar where 95 % of the singing is real slow. The customers there hate fast song. mostly upper middle class and above 40 age group.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 12:03 pm 
Pay me now.... :D

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 5:52 pm 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

Bigdog @ Fri Jul 14, 2006 1:28 am wrote:

I like it.  That is a very good idea which produces a win-win situation!!!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 5:54 pm 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

Jian @ Fri Jul 14, 2006 3:34 am wrote:

Hey Dog,

it can ACTUALY work. I know a full time karaoke bar where 95 % of the singing is real slow. The customers there hate fast song. mostly upper middle class and above 40 age group.

So at this K-Bar, do they only sell drinks, or do they have food sales also?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 5:58 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Pablo @ 15th July 2006, 9:54 am wrote:
Jian @ Fri Jul 14, 2006 3:34 am wrote:

Hey Dog,

So at this K-Bar, do they only sell drinks, or do they have food sales also?

GRO and beer only

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 6:38 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 4 times
What is GRO?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 8:16 pm 
BYOG...Bring your own girl.

This bar is a fictional place that exists only in the minds of KJs.

It has a chance to become reality...... if you can talk a bar owner into it.   I think it could have some good possibilities, in the right bar, with the right KJ.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 10:15 pm 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

You know, maybe it would be boring for the KJ - BUT- if it pays, who cares.  And there are some people out there who are romantic, and would like a night when they didn't have to listen to rap, or just be bop------ being a woman, I could get into some romantic evenings, whether it be Karaoke or just music.  Squishy!!!  Well that would depend on how close we were dancing!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 12:19 am 
I started writing that post as a joke, but the more I think about it it could work.   If it could be done on a Monday when no KJs can get work, then it would benefit all.    As a woman would you go out on a romantic Monday night?    Would you like to do it every week?    Would hubby/boyfriend or signifcant other go week after week?   These are important questions.  :yes:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 1:30 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Of course it works; it works 7 days a week here. If the man have no lady with him there will be GRO.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 3:44 am 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Of course!  If it meant that we'd have a romantic evening!  A lot of KJ's don't work on Sunday either.  Of all the week days, those 2 would be the best nights.  That would be something nice to look forward.   I think anytime you put music and love together, you have a great combination.  Maybe couples would open up and talk to eachother more.  You know, they are out, they are watching other couples dance and sing to eachother.  Might help a trying relationship.  
It would be a great switch from the rowdy regulars the couples have to endure on a normal Fri. or Sat. karaoke night.  If it worked well and brought in a crowd, maybe the bar owners would even do something like running dinner specials.  NOT!  Forgot who we were talking about.   LMAO  LOL  Bar owners!  But who knows, if it is a great bar, with a restaurant, it might be beneficial to them.
But in answer to your question - Yes, I am sure I would go out.  And if I had a hubby, or significant other, I would only hope they would want to go along.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 5:12 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Now we are talking  and oh don't forget to dim the light.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 12:35 pm 
Oh yeah... candles and Owl lights to read the song books.. LMAO

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 1:32 pm 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

In my opinion..for what it's worth....As a KJ I am not going to pick up the pace of the music for anyone in the bar by choosing  the songs.  I have been on both sides.  All the way to the point of having the "usuals" putting up songs for me to sing and the KJ putting those songs in front of the ones that I would put up.  That really makes me angry when I am plannning on one and end up with another.  I have the advantage of working in a small bar that pretty much lets me run the show.  I would imagine that in larger areas "picking up the pace" would be important but as a singer in the rotation I better be allowed to sing what I choose or I am not coming back.  I will also, if its not the song I chose, put down the mic after informing the kj that "this is not my song" and walk off the stage.  OH yea, you get some boo's but ya know, I don't really care.  I have a voice range that can pull off anything from Melissa Etheridge to Patsy Cline but when I sing, it will be what I want. :)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 4:50 pm 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Big Dog- Now it sounds as if yoour aking fun!  You asked!  I just gave an honest opinion.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 12:01 am 
Not making fun.   :hug:    It was my idea.    :yes:  Just saying that if the lights are turned down, nobody will be able to read the songbooks without a flashlight.  :whistle:    Maybe we could give them glow sticks... LMAO   I was getting some feedback on the topic tonight.     It was positive.  :yes:   I'm still asking...  Should the song books be up to date love songs or just oldies love songs?    Will have to think about an earlier start time maybe, too.    So we could get the dinner crowd.    For the dinner specials.    

My biggest concern is the upcoming "New" Middle East war.    It's going to get ugly, I fear.   Higher gas prices cuttng into the budgets.    I see $4-5 gas coming, if we can get gas and it isn't rationed or in short supply like the 70's.    The Boxer bar owner said his distributor raised prices 4 times already this year.

Do you know that Israel has been attacked off and on (by terrorists) ever since they became a state in 1946.    :(  :shock:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 4:29 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 3 times
Quote:
Do you know that Israel has been attacked off and on (by terrorists) ever since they became a state in 1946.
That explains their airport security. I've heard it's pretty tight.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 2:45 pm 
SOOOO right Sweet.... :hug:   that's what it's all about.   Keep the singers happy and the non singers there too.    Singers almost always have people with them.   So make a singer mad, you lose some "nons" also.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next