KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Water and Soda Drinkers Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 10:05 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 113 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 5:42 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 0 time
Karaoke need GRO esp when sales is down.

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 11:14 am 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 11 times
Jian,  So you think it becomes more of a push for the KJ to bring in more business ?  The entertainer must be that much better when sales are down ?  and have a decent following of his own ?  That of course makes sense..

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 11:32 pm 
Steven, move to my neck of the woods and I'll teach you how to be my competition..... LMAO

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 12:30 am 
Major Poster
Major Poster

Right now, I'm doing lots of community events. ( good PR ) I'de like to see a roving Karaoke TV show. Vancouver BC this week, Orlando Florida next week, etc.. Not just one company or one hotel chain, but any and every Karaoke bar, regardless of quality or location. Could be a new Reality show. Just pick the most notable singers Some of the best mixed with some of the worst. Could be fun.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 3:27 pm 
Steven, you make it sound like we do nothing to try and get a bigger crowd.   We are breaking our necks to do exactly that.   But we all know bar owners.   They work against everything that is normal and correct.    My head hurts from beating it against the wall.    They have two ears that never open for business.    More and more people are turning into water and soda drinkers.   SUPPLY AND DEMAND says charge more for those items that are hot sellers.    Make them all the same price.   Then it won't matter.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 4:50 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Quote:
Steven, you make it sound like we do nothing to try and get a bigger crowd.   We are breaking our necks to do exactly that.

Sorry,  that wasn't my intent.  Quite honestly, I never really had to worry about it. Bar's were quite different when I was entertaining in them.  They had their regs, and crowds always showed.. The entertainer didn't have to worry about "recruiting", then entertainer just entertained the already existing bar.. It was the Bar's responsibility to advertise the bar, and bring in it's business...  Not the entertainers.. Sure, the entertainer had a small following of his/her own,  yet publicity for YOURSELF was all you had to worry about, the bar did it's own advertising.  Thing's are quite different in some of the bar's you folks are talking about, that along with the problems going on I suppose... This is all new to me... but again,  I wouldn't have work today... Bar's did VERY well in the days I played.... There were no anti-drinking & smoking laws in those days, DUI never existed...Drinking age as I said was also 18

Quote:
move to my neck of the woods and I'll teach you how to be my competition.....

Only if you promise to set me up with some girls I can stalk.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 7:59 pm 
Major Poster
Major Poster

When I was doing solo shows, the bars worked hard at promoting the entertainment. They would do anything to get customers in to see you. But now, advertising is so under used. Our bars only put a poster on the bar door. That's it. Nothing more. And I see that a lot.

The only problems I had when singing, was newer younger bands and musicians under cutting and bad mouthing so bit. But that's normal in any business. But now, it seems like this is happening so much more. Again, it's mostly the newer and younger ones and those that can't relly on thier abilities alone, that are doing this.

So the co-oporation between many entertainers and with thier venues, just isn't what it use to be. And that's just one of the things that is hurting the entertainment business. Economy, drinking laws, multi jobs per person ( no time to drink ), shootings in night clubs, etc, are all hurting entertainers income.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 8:28 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Quote:
shootings in night clubs

here (in my country) they use samurai sword. :(

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 8:31 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 3 times
Jian @ Wed Jul 12, 2006 11:28 pm wrote:
Quote:
shootings in night clubs

here (in my country) they use samurai sword. :(
I want to get one of those some day to hang on my wall. I'm sure the Claymores won't mind. :D

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 8:35 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 3 times
Bartender...

...one water and soda please, shaken, not stirred.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 11:19 pm 
Jian, put out a tip jar...... LMAO

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 2:43 am 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Quote:
The only problems I had when singing, was newer younger bands and musicians under cutting and bad mouthing so bit. But that's normal in any business. But now, it seems like this is happening so much more. Again, it's mostly the newer and younger ones and those that can't relly on thier abilities alone, that are doing this.

Yep,  times have changed.  It's a different world today, and I haven't a clue.

Quote:
Jian, put out a tip jar......

I find it very scarey,  how many WOULD in fact show up to watch such an event today.. It'd even pull in more people than "Shock and Awe",  "ER". and the 6 o:clock news.... as well as numerous other violent events

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 11:17 pm 
I was talking about his comedy routine. LMAO

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 113 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6