KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - You heard it here first. 6-14-2006 Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 6:33 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 4:31 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 11 times
Have you ever had an idea,  Either for a tangible object you believe is marketable that you don't think yet exists, or perhaps even a "thought" regarding something you might want to copyright, but realize it might be documented someplace, perhaps might already be in existence in some remote area elsewhere, yet still, don't feel like going thru a patent search, or international copyright search (because it's costly, or perhaps not practical) because some of the concepts might seem quite obscure, and besides that, you haven't a means of doing much insofar as costly marketing or production of the product or concept ? yet you feel like getting some feedback so you wish to blab and share what you believe MAY be truly your unique idea ? and want all reading to witness the fact that if the concept doesn't already exist, you had it in mind as far back as 6-12-06  ?   Or even something you thought of before it hit the market...

Anyone ?  I'll share ONE concept, and then someone else can go..

Theory so-far..

Those of you that live in the West, or areas more prone to "Cutting edge' newer concepts are familiar with smart bars.... Where they serve "Smart drinks"... Supposed drinks that push a persons intellectual capacity up a bit ? (While they have those in certain cities even in the East, I'm not familiar with these places... Haven't been in a large city that has such a thing yet) yet in looking at what people are consuming, and how these likely work I have an idea.

My theory (regarding what "Smart Drug" or even "ADD" medication, even certain classes of psychotropic medicines do) Is comparable to what was likely transpiring with earlier studies regarding how mind altering substance might enhance certain other mental capacities/capabilities. Perhaps what Timothy Leary was finding in the 1960's regarding "Mind expanding" substances (regarding research with LSD or any "sensory enhancing substance" is that you can block out mental "clutter", and enhance perception and conscious capacity) by elevating "mood". This is done by enhancing Dopamine in the brain. I believe that what ALL substances and drugs are doing that claim they elevate mood, enhance intellect, expand mental capacity, bring on a general feeling of "well-being" is aiding in the production of GABA, a natural neurotransmitter which enhances Dopamine, or a feeling of well being, calmness. In increasing the pleasure sense in a person, you cut down on the Limbic systems need to filter perceived Excitatory stimuli that would make concentration tougher, causing what's known as "stormy mind" excessive anxiety, or just a general ability to concentrate. Many with depression, anxiety, who feel flooded have a problem with Excitatory/Inhibitory response. The Inhibitory portion of the brain doesn't filter out the Excitatory stimuli. GABA is increased in the brain by the following substances (as well as behaviours) that we know of (and there are many more)... Carbs, chocolate, ethyl alcohols (initial feeling of well-being) Compulsive Over-eating, Orgasm, Benzodiazepine tranqs, Anticonvulscant class of meds such as Neurontin, or Lyrica, Tegretol, even Dilantin (an older better known anticonvulscant that was recognized as a smart drug, or mood elevating drug ages ago)..Same reason people inhaled Glue, or substance... L-dopa, morphine, heroin, cocaine all  aid in secreting GABA in our brain...

When you increase dopamine, you eliminate emotional problems that serve as distractions in our lives, so those with ADD (taking Methylphenidate , or Dextroamphetamine HCL (or Sulfate, Saccharate) are essentially doing the same thing.. Stimulants have the paradoxical effect because they increase GABA.. and produce some pleasure or feeling of well being in the brain of an ADD that enables them to focus... In nature animals that are feeling pain or discomfort (according to studies on Animal behaviour) seek out fermented, or aged liquids that contain alcohol.. Alcohol is found in nature, and even animals seek GABA (to reduce excitatory-->Inhibitory pain reception, either emotional or physical which all works within the Limbic system increasing peripheral distraction, hence creating sensory flooding which jams mental ability to focus)

Not that most of you care...

Increase GABA increase perceived intellect, by enabling greater focus via dopamine.
Caffeine does the same thing.

But if you have any ideas that MIGHT be yours... Share it in this dated thread... You yacked it in here first folks   LOL

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 4:33 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

All share the telecom inflatable mate concept some other time LOL

Anyone else have any patentable weird ideas ?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 4:36 pm 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

Been Liked: 1 time
My idea is currently being sold today..I got nothing for it...I thought of this when I was about 15 years old......

A machine that washes and dryes your clothes...Just one machine a front loader...You put your clothes in ans set the dials and when it is finished all your clothes have been washed and dried....

It's out there...Just ask Texas GiGi and Aspires>>>They own one..I was so distraught when they bought it cause I didn't know it was being made....

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 4:54 pm 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Been Liked: 0 time
my invention is a slip of rubber with electrodes running through it.  the electrode carry a small enough current not to kill or even maim, but it can definitely be felt.  you attatch this strip at the bottom of a bedroom door or any other door or area where dogs or cats scratch to be let out.  the first time thier paw hits that electrode will be the last time you have to replace carpeting or doors becaue they destroyed it.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 5:23 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Interesting Sharon,  I bought one (Damark company) it's plastic and top loading (and quite cheap in construction) Yet was about 100 dollars around 1986. Specially designed for small loads, and certain took forever to dry.... It was supposedly for "camping, trips, and portability" etc..  Yet it's quite inefficient..  Currently the combo's do exist, yet likely you thought of it prior to when I first heard of it.... Not sure it was on the market 25 years ago..... Great concept... Assuming there's no trace of the concept prior to when you were 15, that'd be quite a nice patent to hold !!!  I'm waiting for someone with some chemistry, or neurology/psychopharmacology  knowledge to tell me my concept was considered around 1965 LOL    Still, one never knows ~

My mom thought of the combo flat pencil book mark that you peel rather than sharpen around 1965..

Steve, interesting idea....but what would happen when the animals paw hit's the sensor ?  Would there also be a litter box in the area so the animal evacuates in it ?  How would that be practical ?  just curious ?  Unless of course the sensor triggered a device that booted the animal out an open window or something ???   Just wondering the practical application ?  What would it teach the pet ?  to eliminate where ?  It'd certainly condition the animal not to go beyond the eletricity emitting device... Yet it'd still have to poop someplace.. Like your kitchen... or living room couch.  Isn't the scratching response to "go out" something people want their pets to express ?  Would you wish to decondition them of that learned response ?  How would that help housebreak them ?  

Just lending feedback.... interesting idea...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 5:28 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Since artistic people (singers, musicians, especially you technical people) usually have inquisitive minds, and have thought of ways to make a current arduous task easier... I figured this would be a decent thread to discuss creative ideas, and even bounce feedback around...

Hey Steve,  I just got an idea regarding your idea... Can you imagine waking up with a full bladder at 4 AM  forgetting to turn the device off ?   It wouldn't be the animal emptying on the carpet you'd have to worry about.  I'd flood the place with one of those things..  I wonder if this is a decent concept Steve..  Rather than electricity, an electric eye type device (transmitter on one side, and receiver on the other) would send a beam... When the animal breaks the beam, a transmitting device would send off a frequency that hurts the animals ears, rather than shocks it... The frequency might be out've human recognition range... But unless I'm wrong, I think such a device already exists.... Something such as the invisible fences principles people use... Not sure..

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 5:40 pm 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Steven Kaplan @ Wed Jun 14, 2006 7:23 pm wrote:

Steve, interesting idea....but what would happen when the animals paw hit's the sensor ?  Would there also be a litter box in the area so the animal evacuates in it ?  How would that be practical ?  just curious ?  Unless of course the sensor triggered a device that booted the animal out an open window or something ???   Just wondering the practical application ?  What would it teach the pet ?  to eliminate where ?  It'd certainly condition the animal not to go beyond the eletricity emitting device... Yet it'd still have to poop someplace.. Like your kitchen... or living room couch.  Isn't the scratching response to "go out" something people want their pets to express ?  Would you wish to decondition them of that learned response ?  How would that help housebreak them ?  

Just lending feedback.... interesting idea...

the product isn't for teaching a pet not to scratch the door to go out.  it's meant to teach it not to scratch the door where you've got it contained while you're at work or womewhere other than home.  the thought behind this came to me while i was doing carpet repair for apartment complexes.  many animals just want to be out of the room you keep them in, thus shredding the carpet and usually the door as well.  that costs  the tenant every bit of their deposit and usually more.  the jolt would be similar to that of an electric fence used to keep dogs from digging or climbing.  consider it an electric fence to keep your pet from ruining your home.  i also thought of making a larger version to hang on the of doors where dogs scratchto be let in.

regarding the availability of this product.  yes, invisible fence already exists, but this was something i thought of back in the early 80's.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 5:43 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

btw,  Today marks the 55th anniversary of the first computer used in the United States by the census bureau <SP>.. It was huge and used for commercial purposes of course.

I see Steve,  Understood.  Excellent idea, never heard of it 26 years ago when you thought of it !    Sorry,  I wasn't aware that this was 1980 you thought of it !   Real nice !

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 5:53 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

As I implied above,  I have a concept for the adult industry that I think would make a fortune. I haven't found it elsewhere... In brief the phone transmitter receiver would be in the dolls head.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 5:54 pm 
Super Extreme
Super Extreme

Songs: 1
Been Liked: 1082 times
Steven Kaplan @ Wed Jun 14, 2006 5:43 pm wrote:
btw,  Today marks the 55th anniversary of the first computer used in the United States by the census bureau <SP>.. It was huge and used for commercial purposes of course.
I see Steve,  Understood.  Excellent idea, never heard of it 26 years ago when you thought of it !    Sorry,  I wasn't aware that this was 1980 you thought of it !   Real nice !

Close, no cigar...

Hollerith Manual Card Punch
1930s

Hermann Hollerith, in an effort to win the United States Census Bureau competition, began experimenting with mechanical tabulation methods, and in 1884 he patented the first "Census Machine."

Hollerith won the competition. The machine was used to tabulate the 1890 United States Census in record time.

Hollerith formed a company to produce a series of improved machines incorporating the tabulator and punched cards. He built an international clientele which included railway offices, the Czarist government of Russia and other foreign governments, department stores, insurance offices, and United States government bureaus.

The Hollerith tabulating system was the first to make practical use of the punched card in data processing. His machines became the nucleus of today's computing industry.

Hollerith developed the tabulator in response to the need to expedite and simplify the tabulating of statistical information gathered in the 1890 United States Census. Statistical data on sex, age, location, family size, birth date and nationality were punched in predetermined locations on the card.

The cards were automatically tabulated and semi-automatically sorted. Electric wires in the card reader made contact with mercury in a cup through holes in the cards to complete an electric circuit and "read" the data. The electric signal from the contact activated the relevant counter on the panel and caused the hand to register the count. Each cabinet tabulated one type of data. The count appeared first on dials representing each state and then in an overall national total.

After its initial use in the 1890 census, the Hollerith system was adapted by commerce and industry for accounting, cost distribution, inventory control, time and payroll records.

Hollerith developed and patented many related devices and in 1896 established the Tabulating Machine Company to manufacture his inventions. The company grew and prospered. In 1911, it merged with others to form the Computing, Tabulating and Recording Company. In 1915, Thomas J. Watson, Sr. was made president and in 1924, the company became International Business Machines Corporation.

IBM made the punch-card technology into the business standard of the 1950's and 1960's.

LOL

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 5:58 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

OK, Sorry about the misinformation Jerry.  I need to find just what about the "computer" the News Channel was referring to.  They stated 1951 the computer was introduced and used in the United States ( I don't think I heard 1851..IE..155 years), but I might be wrong.

Jerry,  were they referring to when the Univac was first commercially used perhaps ?  And confused that with "fist computer" commercially used in the United States ?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 6:57 pm 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

Been Liked: 1 time
Some may think it is morbid...but what the hey...A coffin built for two if you both bite the big one at the same time...Or a coffin that can be attached together with another if you go separately.....It is two separate coffins but when the second person goes you dig up the first one and attach them together and then there is a wall between the two that is removed and two hinged sealer on each end that seal them together...Instead of being buried in plots side by side you could be burries together...For those who want to be together even after death...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 7:09 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 47 times
This is a cool thread. And a funny coincidence, because me and Lonnie were JUST talking about this.

I was lying in bed the other night, reading late like I always do. I'm a total bookworm. There probably hasn't been 2 weeks worth of nights, since I was maybe... 14-16 years old, that I've gone to bed without reading atleast a few pages. I even take a book camping when we go, and lots & lots of batteries for my flashlight.

Anyhow.. back to the story. I am reading a hardback, it's big and bulky, but a very good book. (Maeve Binchy, one of my favorite authors, the book is "Tara Road") ... If any inquiring minds want to know...

Stay on TRACK Charm.  :no:

So, I'm laying there, trying not to fall asleep... I was determined to finish that chapter, and my arms are tired from holding the book, my neck is sore from having my pillow bunched up under it so I'm propped up a bit.... and I thought of this.
(and yeah, I'm sure they got one out there somewhere, if anyone knows about it, PM me... so I can buy one, haha)

Books should be made like a Sony Playstation or something. (EDIT... NO, NOT LIKE A SONY, JUST A HANDHELD THING... PSP OR GAMEBOY SIZE) You know, make a little computer type thingee majig that is about the size of a paperback novel. And it would have a lighted screen. It would need to have a button for turning pages, backwards and forwards buttons, each time you hit the page button, it would be just- a new page of the book on the screen.... and a small keypad of sorts where you could choose a certain page if you wanted.... and a "bookmark" button to save your spot for when you laid it down. Of course, it would need a backup cell type battery, so if the main battery went flat, your page would be saved.

The "books".... would be little computer chip thingees, kinda like a Sony memory card (but smaller, of course) You just remove one when you're done, and insert a new one for the next book you want to read.... and, it could also have a USB connection, so you could go online, buy the story, and download it to your reader.

haha....... I told ya, I was very, very sleepy.... But heck, I'd buy it.  LOL

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 7:14 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Sharon,  That (too me) sounds VERY marketable !!! WOW... It makes sense to me that loved ones would enter that in a living will, Additionally someone who lost both their parents in an accident would certainly likely wish to bury them together !  Coffin sales (needless to say) are sold to those that are alive, it's a psychological process to begin with.... Naturally if people didn't feel emotional attachment or separation anxiety they wouldn't spend thousands on a plush comfortable casket... They could burry their relatives in a pine cheap box...  But you have an EXCELLENT idea...  It would be interesting to look into possible reasons this "currently legally" would or would not be possibly permitted.  Without knowing legalities, it certainly seems feasible enough at first glance.

EXCELLENT idea IMHO !   While I've thought about being afraid of dying alone, and how lonely it can be when dead (denial of death, yet isn't there alot of that anyway?)
I never thought of the actual marketing of a casket for two !   WOW... Great Idea !
Who wouldn't wish to be buried with a loved one ?  That's one time I wouldn't want to be alone :shock:   Well, I think... HEHEHE.

I think that's a great idea.  It would pay to research it...  Also why it might NOT already exist !

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 7:21 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Charmin, I like it !  While we know "books online" and "talking books" exist, in media foramt, having books in the format of a memory drive with a button certainly sounds like something doable now-adays.  Technology isn't overly expensive...

Would you want it "small" ?  or about the size of an actual 8x11 page, so there'd be less eyestrain ?

Very good idea IMHO...  If it exists (outside of a small computer that can do many tasks and naturally is far more costly than your concept should be), I've not heard of it yet !

I PM'd you another possible idea btw !

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 7:30 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Here's Don..  Hey Don, any thoughts on the GABA concept ?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 7:31 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

BlueStainedShoes @ Wed Jun 14, 2006 7:09 pm wrote:
This is a cool thread. And a funny coincidence, because me and Lonnie were JUST talking about this.

I was lying in bed the other night, reading late like I always do. I'm a total bookworm. There probably hasn't been 2 weeks worth of nights, since I was maybe... 14-16 years old, that I've gone to bed without reading atleast a few pages. I even take a book camping when we go, and lots & lots of batteries for my flashlight.

Anyhow.. back to the story. I am reading a hardback, it's big and bulky, but a very good book. (Maeve Binchy, one of my favorite authors, the book is "Tara Road") ... If any inquiring minds want to know...

Stay on TRACK Charm.  :no:

So, I'm laying there, trying not to fall asleep... I was determined to finish that chapter, and my arms are tired from holding the book, my neck is sore from having my pillow bunched up under it so I'm propped up a bit.... and I thought of this.
(and yeah, I'm sure they got one out there somewhere, if anyone knows about it, PM me... so I can buy one, haha)

Books should be made like a Sony Playstation or something. (EDIT... NO, NOT LIKE A SONY, JUST A HANDHELD THING... PSP OR GAMEBOY SIZE) You know, make a little computer type thingee majig that is about the size of a paperback novel. And it would have a lighted screen. It would need to have a button for turning pages, backwards and forwards buttons, each time you hit the page button, it would be just- a new page of the book on the screen.... and a small keypad of sorts where you could choose a certain page if you wanted.... and a "bookmark" button to save your spot for when you laid it down. Of course, it would need a backup cell type battery, so if the main battery went flat, your page would be saved.

The "books".... would be little computer chip thingees, kinda like a Sony memory card (but smaller, of course) You just remove one when you're done, and insert a new one for the next book you want to read.... and, it could also have a USB connection, so you could go online, buy the story, and download it to your reader.

haha....... I told ya, I was very, very sleepy.... But heck, I'd buy it.  LOL

yeah, yeah.  Good idea.  You could also have options to highlight or underline certain passages especially if it's some technical/non-fiction stuff.  Have your choice of font style/font size. Basic word processor functions.  Have a text to voice convertor (a good, accurate one) if you wanted to listen for awhile instead of visually read it.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 7:34 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 47 times
Steven Kaplan @ Wed Jun 14, 2006 7:21 pm wrote:
Charmin, I like it !  While we know "books online" and "talking books" exist, in media foramt, having books in the format of a memory drive with a button certainly sounds like something doable now-adays.  Technology isn't overly expensive...

Would you want it "small" ?  or about the size of an actual 8x11 page, so there'd be less eyestrain ?

Very good idea IMHO...  If it exists (outside of a small computer that can do many tasks and naturally is far more costly than your concept should be), I've not heard of it yet !

Well, I know there are certain reading tool type things, and I bought my sis an "electronic bible" last year as a gift.... but that's a preloaded thing, no adding to it, and it's for scripture reference, not reading page by page.

I say small (again, about the size of a paperback novel) because part of the problem with being a book addict is the heaviness of certain books. My arms get tired, it takes both hands to hold each side open. It's really difficult to read while camping, trying to hold the flashlight, hold the book open, and have a cookies n' milk snack at the same time. haha (and yes, I'm serious) For people who are die hards, like me.... I truthfully will never ever stop reading books, I love to read.... something to make it more simple to handle and switch books would be awesome. Especially, if you could by them online and download them from your computer. Good lord, you would not believe the books I hand out to other people & dump off at Goodwill, or donate to the library in a years time. I wouldn't have to do that any more.
But.... back to size. I guess they could make a "large print" and a "small print" version. I have no problem reading small print, I have perfect eyesight. But, you're right, that could be a problem for some. But if it's very bulky, it would kill the idea.  I want something I can comfortably hold while lying down, with one hand, and just punch a little button to change pages if I want to.  Maybe something that I could slip in my purse. (yes, I do that with books sometimes too... if I'm at an interesting place, and can't wait, I sometimes take one to work to read on my lunch break) It's a good way to pass time.  If it was too large & bulky, it wouldn't be the same.

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 7:35 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

True Don !  Perhaps background color, illumination, resolution, focus, etc !

Sharon, regarding your concept....It's not morbid.... Our cultural feelings regarding "death", is what make concepts regarding death (such as anything elaborate) so saleable !  If it makes people feel more comfortable when alive, isn't that what matters ?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 7:38 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Steven Kaplan @ Wed Jun 14, 2006 7:30 pm wrote:
Here's Don..  Hey Don, any thoughts on the GABA concept ?

GABA reduces the perception of stress and anxiety.  Xanax promotes the reuptake of GABA I think.  Also the herb Kava Kava was/is popular especially in a sublingual application or in a tea.  Kava Kava is high in GABA.  Of course you can get GABA just in a capsule too.

L-Tyrosine, the amino acid is good for increasing the amount of dopamine.