KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - People ignoring your posts? Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 3:37 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 7:38 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 3 times
I have seen a poster being missed in threads before. They often assume that they are being ignored for some reason.  Sometimes the other posters are just more into what they are already discussing than what was just interjected into the middle of their conversation.

What do you like to do when you feel that you posted something interesting and on topic that "seemed" to be ignored? :)

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 7:49 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 0 time
Depends on my mood. Sometimes I think they really missed a charming, witty, and very deep remark and doggone it I should have posted it elsewhere so they would notice. Other times I just don't worry about it. I don't think I am so boring that nobody cares what I have to say. At least I hope not.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 10:30 am 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

I joke with a friend that I am the thread killer.  LOL Well.. sometimes it can feel that way. You see your name at the end of every thread and nobody is responding. But it happens to everyone.. and I just take it in stride anymore. I joke alot and sometimes feel maybe I have offended somebody and that is the worst feeling.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 10:32 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Sheree @ Tue Jul 04, 2006 1:30 pm wrote:
I joke with a friend that I am the thread killer.  LOL Well.. sometimes it can feel that way. You see your name at the end of every thread and nobody is responding. But it happens to everyone.. and I just take it in stride anymore. I joke alot and sometimes feel maybe I have offended somebody and that is the worst feeling.
With such a sincere and friendly face such as yours, I'm sure you will find it hard to offend anyone. :)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 10:38 am 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

Been Liked: 1 time
This thread isn't doing well because we are ignoring your posts!!! LMAO  LMAO

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 10:45 am 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

...it doesn't bother me...except if i make a comment about someone that they could reply too...although i've went back and read a thread and discover i've done the same thing   :(

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 11:09 am 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

It's so easy to miss a post on here that I just assume it was missed because, everyone was so busy posting their comment that they didn't get to see it.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 11:42 am 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 11 times
Sometimes people do ignore certain individual's posts.  There are numerous reasons why.  Sometimes people are in bad moods, don't feel like goofing around, have nothing to add to a particular dialogue, sometimes they are just feeling totally selfish and bitchy, and chatting about what they feel like chatting about.. I don't take it personally, and similarly, when I get in a bitchy mood, I certainly hope others don't take it personally either..In trying not to run, or succumb to a tendency of "All or none" behaviour, oftentimes when something's weighing on my mind, I just withdraw abit... Take some space, yet still hang out...

Also, in my particular case, I've done that quite a few times when I'm making a concerted effort to keep a continuity in a topic thread. similarly, it happens to me QUITE abit...People often don't feel like reading my BS... so they ignore it, they too are entitled to not want to put up with my BS at times too...Usually however, If I don't feel like playing, but don't feel like staying away, or I'm just fed up with something, and wish to stay more serious minded for awhile... I often clam up...  Sometimes I just have nothing to say, or add to something... Rather than withdraw all the way,  I might get abit more serious, address topics... JUst type from my head more, without attempting wit..

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 11:45 am 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

AtM @ Tue Jul 04, 2006 11:32 am wrote:
Sheree @ Tue Jul 04, 2006 1:30 pm wrote:
With such a sincere and friendly face such as yours, I'm sure you will find it hard to offend anyone. :)
Aw thanks Chuck! I wasn't ignoring you ... my phone rang and I didn't log off. So I appeared to be here but I wasn't. That happens alot too. I'm sure I miss alot of posts that were perhaps directed at me. If I don't respond it's most likely I just missed it! To answer your initial question.. I don't take it personal anymore... I just keep typing away.. :D Not everybody is gonna like me (that's just life).. I can deal with it.  :)

EDIT: Well said Steven... you posted right before me.. most of what you said is very true for me too! And as a rule... I've always enjoyed reading your long posts. I just don't always respond but I always enjoy reading them.  :yes:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 11:49 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Sheree @ Tue Jul 04, 2006 10:30 am wrote:

Sheree offending someone!  That's a good one.  Last time I checked, hell hasn't frozen over yet.   LOL

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 11:57 am 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Odie @ Tue Jul 04, 2006 12:49 pm wrote:

Sheree offending someone!  That's a good one.  Last time I checked, hell hasn't frozen over yet.   LOL
I know I know! I can sometimes be a little too PC! I was raised that way... I'm trying to overcome it a bit really I am! The last time I felt that way I think I deleted something a bit too racy. I had logged off and though OMG!!! :shock: I did NOT say THAT! Or I'll feel maybe I flirted a little with someones significant other and may have stepped on their toes uuugh.. I know.. it's tough being in my head! LOL Way too much static in there! LOL  LOL

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 12:07 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

No, no, no!  Don't become a lot less PC.  Somebody has to maintain some dignity around here!  LOL

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 12:07 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Sheree @ Tue Jul 04, 2006 2:57 pm wrote:
Odie @ Tue Jul 04, 2006 12:49 pm wrote:

I know I know! I can sometimes be a little too PC! I was raised that way... I'm trying to overcome it a bit really I am! The last time I felt that way I think I deleted something a bit too racy. I had logged off and though OMG!!! :shock: I did NOT say THAT! Or I'll feel maybe I flirted a little with someones significant other and may have stepped on their toes uuugh.. I know.. it's tough being in my head! LOL Way too much static in there! LOL  LOL
You can flirt with my significant other all you want, I'll never complain. :dancin:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 12:21 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 11 times
Quote:
EDIT: Well said Steven... you posted right before me.. most of what you said is very true for me too! And as a rule... I've always enjoyed reading your long posts. I just don't always respond but I always enjoy reading them.  

PUHLEEZE, Tell me something I don't already know <eye roll>

LMAO

(Damn, Is Kaplan always this much of a feisty (@$%&#!)?)

*#($*&^ editor.... Kill-joy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 12:28 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

I always have to go clean my contacts before delving into one of Stevens long posts.
Makes it a lot easier!   LOL

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 12:29 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 23 times
Blah. Doesn't bother me at all. I get ignored lots:) Not much in real life.. i am a big loud annoying object. REALLY hard to miss when I am talking. Online? I think I can be offensive, and irritating, and generally I expect to be ignored:)  Hell, this will probably be ignored too:)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 12:35 pm 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

Been Liked: 1 time
Gilly @ Tue Jul 04, 2006 2:29 pm wrote:
Blah. Doesn't bother me at all. I get ignored lots:) Not much in real life.. i am a big loud annoying object. REALLY hard to miss when I am talking. Online? I think I can be offensive, and irritating, and generally I expect to be ignored:)  Hell, this will probably be ignored too:)

Just so you know Gilly I am ignoring your post..I just skimmed right over it without reading.....<wink>  Not really.....Hope your having a good day!!!  Have you had any more work done on your tatt lately..It's really pretty..I wish I had the guts to get one....

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 12:41 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Isis... I am saving up to FINISH the damn thing. I have the under the arm part to go.. and tehn I am done.. well, with THAT one.. I still have a few more planned (I want a HUGE peacock, taking up almost  my whole leg, from above the knee, and covering my lower leg:) Can we say.. EXPENSIVE? And, I am expanding one piece I already have on my chest, to include my daughters name, and a bird, etc etc.

And, because some people here don't really know me... here is the almost finished pic.... I am putting  a fan under my arm, with some more cherry blossoms.. well, i think:) 20 hours + so far...  ANyways, here is the pic:) You can ignore this post if it bores you:) Hehehe.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 12:52 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 2 times
I wonder how many guys are staring at those pics goin "If I stare hard enough will she let go of her shirt?"

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 12:54 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Crystal! LOL.. you just made me spit out my water!

Sheeet:)