KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Inexpensive Powered Speakers Suggestions? Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 1:59 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:54 am 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

Been Liked: 0 time
I already own and use Mackie SRM 450's as my main sound system. I am thinking of purchasing an inexpensive backup system in the unlikely event my Mackie's should fail . Is anyone familiar with these powered speakers.....Podium Pro Audio PP1202A. If not, please take a look and give me your feedback. They are listed on Ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250325446794

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:12 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 122 times
Doenjoy @ Wed Nov 19, 2008 1:54 pm wrote:
I already own and use Mackie SRM 450's as my main sound system. I am thinking of purchasing an inexpensive backup system in the unlikely event my Mackie's should fail . Is anyone familiar with these powered speakers.....Podium Pro Audio PP1202A. If not, please take a look and give me your feedback. They are listed on Ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250325446794

Don't know the brand, but this sounds a bit too good to be true. 400w RMS for $180.00 apiece?

I would steer clear, myself. You can get a proven quantity for $100 more per speaker, the Behringer B212A. I know that works, as I own a pair. It's more than enough for a small room.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:40 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 309 times
Micky, I agree, way too cheap for powered speaker, in fact too cheap for a pair of good passive speakers. I also noted he is a US seller yet he says price includes shipping, duties and GST (tax) to Canada. I'd have to hear alot more about this seller and brand before considering. And feedback from people I know on the sound.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 1:01 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 2126 times
Pass! When the ONLY thing you can find on a Google search to check out any kind of review is the auction itself, not a good sign! You'd be better off going with a set of Powered Peavey PR series over those.

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 1:18 pm 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

..........the concerns you guys raise are very legitimate!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 1:36 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Yeah the Behringer B212 would work for backup purposes. WOuldn't personally want them as a main speaker myself. They are a little cheaper than even the Peaveys.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:04 pm 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

I would invest in QSC HPR 122i's and use the Mackies as back up.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:21 pm 

Hi my name is Sasha, I do not want to break any forum rules, but if I may respond as the Customer Service Manager and Sales Rep for Onlyfactorydirect for several years. I appreciate your forum, and believe you all had legitimate concerns and have every right to be sceptical. If I could just speak to those concerns...

First question:
How do we sell High Quality Products at such Low Prices?

Essentially there are three factors that allow us to negotiate killer pricing that we can pass through to our customers. First, we buy container loads of products direct from the factory; this saves them from storage and warehousing, shipping, and inspection. Second we provide our manufacturers with a guaranteed annual purchase, and finally we buy out the warranty because we offer a life time warranty on almost all of our products, now that's priceless. We simply get outstanding products at the very lowest price…direct from the Factory, and we back it all up with the best customer service you will ever encounter on Ebay. OnlyFactoryDirect was started out of the need to provide high quality audio products direct to the consumer. Based in the wholesale market for decades with contacts for high quality products from all over the world, OFD stepped out of the distribution chain from selling to other distributors and retail stores to directly selling to the consumer. This direct line from the factory to the consumer means lower prices while still maintaining high quality.

Don't get me wrong, Podium Pro Audio specifically designed these speakers with affordability in mind, so they have plastic corners, plastic handles, and simple plain packaging. There are some corners that can be cut, that are not at the expense of over all sound.

I have sold thousands upon thousands of Podium Pro Audio speakers over the years to many DJs, Churches, Bands, rental companies and Karaoke Performers that can not afford expensive equipment. This has given them a wonderful opportunity to break in to their business and I have heard such amazing stories to testify to this. Please, not all audio has to be expensive.

Keep up the good work, I talk to DJs and Karaoke lovers all day, every day...would love to direct them to this forum, when the question is out of my league.

Sasha
OFD

PS. One more thing...We offer a 30 day money back guarantee and a life time warranty, so there is really no risk. :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:50 pm 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Been Liked: 629 times
I can respect a reply such as Sasha's - direct and to the point of voiced concerns....without overly blatant self promotion.
Thank you Sasha and welcome. :D

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 5:14 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 3 times
Sounds great Sasha......get us some of these great deals on some brands we've heard of and we'll empty those containers for you....... :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 5:23 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

OFD-Sasha @ Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:21 pm wrote:
Hi my name is Sasha, I do not want to break any forum rules, but if I may respond as the Customer Service Manager and Sales Rep for Onlyfactorydirect for several years. I appreciate your forum, and believe you all had legitimate concerns and have every right to be sceptical. If I could just speak to those concerns...

First question:
How do we sell High Quality Products at such Low Prices?

Essentially there are three factors that allow us to negotiate killer pricing that we can pass through to our customers. First, we buy container loads of products direct from the factory; this saves them from storage and warehousing, shipping, and inspection. Second we provide our manufacturers with a guaranteed annual purchase, and finally we buy out the warranty because we offer a life time warranty on almost all of our products, now that's priceless. We simply get outstanding products at the very lowest price…direct from the Factory, and we back it all up with the best customer service you will ever encounter on Ebay. OnlyFactoryDirect was started out of the need to provide high quality audio products direct to the consumer. Based in the wholesale market for decades with contacts for high quality products from all over the world, OFD stepped out of the distribution chain from selling to other distributors and retail stores to directly selling to the consumer. This direct line from the factory to the consumer means lower prices while still maintaining high quality.

Don't get me wrong, Podium Pro Audio specifically designed these speakers with affordability in mind, so they have plastic corners, plastic handles, and simple plain packaging. There are some corners that can be cut, that are not at the expense of over all sound.

I have sold thousands upon thousands of Podium Pro Audio speakers over the years to many DJs, Churches, Bands, rental companies and Karaoke Performers that can not afford expensive equipment. This has given them a wonderful opportunity to break in to their business and I have heard such amazing stories to testify to this. Please, not all audio has to be expensive.

Keep up the good work, I talk to DJs and Karaoke lovers all day, every day...would love to direct them to this forum, when the question is out of my league.

Sasha
OFD

PS. One more thing...We offer a 30 day money back guarantee and a life time warranty, so there is really no risk. :wink:

Who manufacturers the drivers that go into them? What model drivers in say the link in the OP? Are the amps made by you or brought in from elsewhere? Who manus the amps otherwise? What kind of wood is used, thickness, density?
I'm sorry, it still sounds like a too good to be true type of deal. I see your feedback level is really good, however it's mostly about the timely shipping & product as described, very few actually say great product or anything positive about the speakers - not that the feedback lines have that much room to give that kind of review. But doing a Google search I could not find any review good or bad on any Podium product.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:58 am 

Quote:
Who manufacturers the drivers that go into them? What model drivers in say the link in the OP? Are the amps made by you or brought in from elsewhere? Who manus the amps otherwise? What kind of wood is used, thickness, density?

Most of the cabinets that come from Podium Pro Audio are constructed with 3/4" MDF, at least the passive speakers are. The Powered speakers that "Doenjoy" was referring to, the PP1202As are constructed with ABS plastic.

I just had a road musician call me this morning named "Q" that had just received his PP1502As, that his friend (another musician) had shown him, and he was so excited about the sound and price. These are not JBL Eons.... but the do Kick butt!

Thanks again gentleman, for allowing me to respond in your forum. Again, I will refer customers this direction...it's nice to see a positive forum.

Sasha
OFD

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:35 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Songs: 1
Been Liked: 53 times
I would like to see all of Lonman's questions answered. I'm really curious...

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:59 am 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Sevarin @ Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:35 pm wrote:
I would like to see all of Lonman's questions answered. I'm really curious...

Particularly in the drivers drivers that get loaded into the cabs & electronics is my main concern. Cabinets aren't as big of a deal, as they can be rebuilt if needed.
Another thing that bothers me on the description was the word 'tweeter'. Most pro cabinets use 'compression drivers' for the highs - not an actual cone tweeter which is almost what it looks like is being described.
Also what is the size of the voice coil on the low drivers? Also weight of a driver means really nothing without more specs of the drivers themselves. These are some specs that can play a factor in a purchasing decision.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:00 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 146 times
I saw these last night, thought I left a post on them. Worth a shot for floor monitors? Do I need the same wattage for the floor monitors? I assume I could control the volume of each separately?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:09 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

ripman8 @ Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:00 pm wrote:
I saw these last night, thought I left a post on them. Worth a shot for floor monitors? Do I need the same wattage for the floor monitors? I assume I could control the volume of each separately?

Well you typically want an individual mix for your monitors, which you do at the mixer. If you don't have a separate amp for them, then yes you would need some powered monitors, however, you should actually wait to see if you are going to really need monitors before you spend more money into something else. You could take the money you were going to spend on these & put it into your main speakers & get a better main.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:15 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

B215As are on their way and should be here Saturday or Monday. So are you suggesting I could send these back, spend the floor monitor money on better mains and not use monitors? Doesn't that make it difficult for the singers?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:46 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

ripman8 @ Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:15 pm wrote:
B215As are on their way and should be here Saturday or Monday. So are you suggesting I could send these back, spend the floor monitor money on better mains and not use monitors? Doesn't that make it difficult for the singers?

Well since they are on the way, give them a shot.
Yes I would've invested more into the mains (as suggested) before I put anything into monitors. You said the place is relatively small, it may not need monitors if the speakers are positioned right.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:05 pm 

Lonman,
Give me call 1(800) 910-3575
I have an idea to run past you.
Sasha
OFD

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:06 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Thanks Lon, how do you find time to kj when you are here giving so much advice? What did you think of the speakers I pasted a link about? They are from the same company that Sasha works for.