KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - copy protection Big Hitz Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 6:04 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: copy protection Big Hitz
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:33 am 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Been Liked: 0 time
I'm trying to do the "right thing" and buy original discs from reputable retailers for my computer-based karaoke show. No "copies" of discs in my collection, no downloads.

SuperCore 2008 seems like a great bargain. Mostly it is, but 3 discs SPC105 115 116 can't be read on my computer. No visual defects on the discs. Play fine on a CDG player with lyrics.

I was gonna buy Big Hitz, but they're a lot more $$ than SuperCore. Won't bother if they can't be put on computer.

Anyone have experience moving Big Hitz to computer?

Thanks! :)

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:56 am 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Been Liked: 2 times
I've not had any problems with them Randy. What program are you using to rip them to your hard drive?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:59 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 397 times
Randy J @ Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:33 pm wrote:
I'm trying to do the "right thing" and buy original discs from reputable retailers for my computer-based karaoke show. No "copies" of discs in my collection, no downloads.

SuperCore 2008 seems like a great bargain. Mostly it is, but 3 discs SPC105 115 116 can't be read on my computer. No visual defects on the discs. Play fine on a CDG player with lyrics.

I was gonna buy Big Hitz, but they're a lot more $$ than SuperCore. Won't bother if they can't be put on computer.

The best program to rip copy protected discs is either PowerKaraoke's CDG Burner or MTU's Microstudio.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:16 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 334 times
Randy J @ Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:33 pm wrote:

Don't know about Big Hitz, though The few I have have had no problems. However, I may be able to help with the SuperCore problem:

Any track that contains explicit lyrics from SuperCore have a code warning attached. Some of the software and firmware ( standalone disc burners) will abort or pause at these tracks. In some cases it's just engaging "resume", enter,continue, whatever. If that doesn't work for you, try doing it track by track on the problem disc. If that doesn't work for all the songs, at least you'll get the non-explicit ones and will be able to identify the track that's causing the problem...

" Disc based and loving it..."

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:40 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I have both the Supercore set and the entire Big Hitz series and Power CDG Burner ripped them all perfectly.

I've bought the Big Hitz CDGs as they've been released over the last five years so it wasn't a huge financial hit all at once.

I use that set, and the Supercore set, constantly. I've got dupes of much of this material now on SC but the singers usually tell me to go back to the old ones when I substitute.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:47 pm 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Bill H. @ Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:40 am wrote:
I have both the Supercore set and the entire Big Hitz series and Power CDG Burner ripped them all perfectly.

I've bought the Big Hitz CDGs as they've been released over the last five years so it wasn't a huge financial hit all at once.

I use that set, and the Supercore set, constantly. I've got dupes of much of this material now on SC but the singers usually tell me to go back to the old ones when I substitute.

Thanks Bill and the others for re-assurance on Big Hitz. I guess your singers got used to the Big Hitz version, and so they're not interested in Sound Choice. Interesting!

Upon further inspection at just the right lighting angle, these SuperCore discs do have manufacture defects (identical sets of micro scratches in the substrate)... so now I get to adventure with getting replacements.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:23 am 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 2126 times
Bill H. @ Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:40 am wrote:

But the question may be now did you have the SuperCore version first? I have several people that prefer the versions they are used to over a better quality sounding version. Good example is I Hate Myself For Loving You. When I got this the only version available at the time was a VERY midrange sounding recording from BMB/Nikkodo that eliminated a bunch of the lyrics. When I got the SC version a couple years later (when it finally came out) I introduced it & the die hard oldies wanted the version they were used to. The new singers like the new version.
So it just may be a matter of which version the crowd was introduced to first not a matter of which they think is better.

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:01 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Quote:
Thanks Bill and the others for re-assurance on Big Hitz. I guess your singers got used to the Big Hitz version, and so they're not interested in Sound Choice. Interesting!

It's not always slam dunk with Big Hitz. Like all brands, there are sometimes better versions. Common substitutions with me are Milkshake (SC better), Honky Tonk Badonkadonk (CB better)... and this is when KJ can choose because singer doesn't express a preference.

This brand made a lot more sense when they priced their discs at $10-12. Getting them all now would be a sizable investment, and since they don't come as a series I'd suggest trying a few out at first to see what you think Randy.

Quote:
But the question may be now did you have the SuperCore version first? I have several people that prefer the versions they are used to over a better quality sounding version.

Yeah good point Lonnie. Singers usually latch on to the version they started with. But there are times when as a KJ the Supercore version sounds better to me than the SC version and I will concur with the singer. The old warhorse "Born To Be Wild" is one example. "Don't Speak" another, although I'll put the SC version in anyway if it's my choice because it has a more solid ending. The set is not perfect of course and it certainly isn't always the best. But it would get my recommendation for the best deal in a basic starter set.